Father David studied for the ministry at Cuddesdon College, Oxford. Ordained in 1958 he served a curacy at Grace Church on-the-Hill before moving to the Diocese of Niagara where he served as Rector of St. Michael’s, Hamilton (where he was a Police Chaplain) and then, St. Christopher’s, in Burlington.
In 1973 he became Rector of St. George’s on-the-Hill, Islington, in the Diocese of Toronto and during that time the parish established the Kingsway College School and the Dorothy Ley Hospice. Upon retiring in 1999 he and Mag moved to High Park and have been parishioners of St. Martin-in-the-Fields ever since.
From 2006-2019, he served faithfully as Chaplain to the Retired Clergy and Spouses in the York Credit Valley episcopal area of the Diocese of Toronto.