We are seeking an Office Administrator to the Church of St. Martin-in-the-Fields, Toronto.
St. Martin-in-the-Fields is a busy and growing Anglican church in the High Park neighbourhood of Toronto, located just north of Bloor and Keele. We are a vibrant parish church in the Anglo-Catholic tradition with strong ties to the community and local outreach ministries. The church is also a popular venue for concerts, visiting choirs and other community groups.
While the position ultimately reports to the Chair of Management Board (People’s Warden) day-to-day activities will be primarily directed by the Incumbent.
Purpose of the Position:
Primarily to assist the Incumbent, the Wardens, Treasurer and heads of committees with any administrative tasks in support of the ongoing activities of the church
The Incumbent, the Wardens, the heads of committees and other clergy and members of the parish as required
Term of Office:
This is a permanent part-time position
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update parish list
- Work closely with and support the Incumbent to prepare and print service leaflets and mailings/e-mailings
- Oversee mass mailings, including printing, envelopes and labels, and postage
- Printing envelopes and descriptive leaflets for the pews and annual sets of offering envelops for parishioners
- Manage inventory of office supplies including ordering, arranging receipt and delivery of packages
Administration and Security:
- Receiving deliveries and supervising tradespeople
- Assist with various hall and space rentals on site including tracking rental bookings and rental payments
- Maintaining church calendar of events including internal bookings of meetings
- Assist in maintaining of church filing and record keeping systems
- Dealing with any parish mail not specifically addressed to an individual or officer in the parish
- Maintaining web ownership including domain name renewal and software license renewals
- Data base maintenance and back-up
- Recording donations in church’s financial records and production of official receipts as required
- Preparation of church’s Annual Report
- Periodic reporting for parish music licenses
- Health & Safety employee representative
- Help manage St. Martin’s website and assist in social media maintenance
- Assist in production of parish publications (Lychgate, website, Facebook, stewardship material)
- Assist with the preparation of letters to donors and other periodic and regular mailings
- Handle parishioner and donor enquiries
- Assist in monitoring and responding to general phone calls and e-mails, directing inquiries to the relevant individual in the parish as required
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Experience working within a faith-based community and with volunteers
- Discretion, sensitivity, and professionalism
- Work ethic and outlook that are compatible with the mission and values of the Anglican Diocese of Toronto
- Able to work pro-actively and independently
- Willingness to work with deadlines that arise with the weekly and seasonal nature of church worship and life
- Proficient with technology including Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher
- Able to host Zoom and other web-based interactive programs
- Experience working with database management
Support, Supervision & Evaluation:
- Administrator will work collaboratively with the Incumbent, the Wardens, and other leaders in the church
- There will be an initial three-month probation period
- Performance evaluation will take place annually
Terms of Work Service:
Twelve hours per week, normally working on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, with specific times to be agreed upon.
Some flexibility is required as there may be the occasional overtime leading up to and during peak seasons (Lent and Easter, Advent and Christmas).
$20 per hour based on experience.
Two weeks paid vacation per year – vacation time may not be approved for during peak seasons
Position Risk Assessment:
A police check will be required of the candidate to be chosen. Candidate will also be required to attend the Diocesan mandated Safe Church Workshop.
Successful Candidate will be required to learn and comply with all Provincial and Diocesan regulations on workplace health and safety.
Please apply to email@example.com with a covering letter and resumé by October 31, 2021